A Baby Blessingway

a virtual celebration for our friend, reverendmother, and the much anticipated reverendbaby

Thursday, December 01, 2005

A Little Blessing

I struggled with what to write here, being that I am not a mother, and do not know you well. But last Sunday I baptized a beautiful baby girl, and baptisms are still new enough to me that I feel the love and weight of the words as I look into those small faces. So, I decided to share with a you a couple of pieces of our baptismal liturgy as a blessing on the birth and life of your new baby.

"I will establish my covenant between me and you,
and your offspring after you throughout their generations,
for an everlasting covenant,
to be God to you and to your offspring after you."
~ Genesis 17:7

Reverendbaby,
For you Jesus Christ came into the world,
for you he died, and for you he conquered death.
All this he did for you little one,
though you know nothing of it yet.
We love because God first loved us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home