A Baby Blessingway

a virtual celebration for our friend, reverendmother, and the much anticipated reverendbaby

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Lullaby for Reverendbaby

Tell me why the Ivy twines,
Tell me why the stars do shine,
Tell me why the sky's so blue,
Then I will tell you just why I love you.

Because God made the Ivy twine,
Because God made the stars to shine,
Because God made the sky so blue,
Because God made you that's why I love you.

I heard this song for the first time while listening to Garrison Keilor's A Prairie Home Companion. Garrison's sweet homely voice filled the kitchen and I felt his warmth.
We added this lullaby to our baby's baptismal service. I can hear it in my mind as I write this.

I'm singing to you now, to you and Reverendbaby.

Love,
St. Casserole

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home